Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Bellwether by Connie Willis

Bellwether by Connie Willis is science fiction.  Okay, science fiction is just not my thing but give me some credit for not giving up on this half way through, which I really wanted to do, but didn't.  I did finish the whole thing and can say it is just not my thing.  Bellwether is about two scientists--one trying to study fads and what causes them, specifically why did bobbing one's hair become a fad, and the other scientist is trying to study the chaos theory but doesn't get funding, so he has to study apes.  Then that funding gets cut and they end up studying sheep together.  I know, weird.  It sort of turns into a love story at the very, very end (like with 3 pages left), but that is about its only redeeming quality.  Sorry, if you like science fiction, you may like this, but it was just not for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment