Wednesday, March 30, 2011

The Pioneer Woman: Black Heels to Tractor Wheels

The Pioneer Woman:  Black Heels to Tractor Wheels has got to be one of my favorite books I have read this year.  I loved it!  I laughed out loud so many times!  Ree Drummond is so funny!  If you are not a fan of The Pioneer Woman, then you need to be.  I love her cookbook The Pioneer Woman Cooks.  I got it for my birthday last year, and there is some serious yumminess there, but this isn't a cookbook, it is a love story (even though it does have recipes in the very back).  This is Ree's true love story of how she meet her cowboy husband and went from living in L.A. to living in the middle of no-where in Oklahoma on a working cattle ranch.  It is a true story, full of lots of kissing (who doesn't like kissing?) and lots of laughs, and even some tears here and there.  It starts when she first sees her future cowboy husband across a smoky bar to a year after they are married--and oh my what a year they had!  Please check it out, you will be so happy you did, and tell me if you don't laugh out loud too!

No comments:

Post a Comment